Right -back Rafinha, at the age of 36, made European history when he played for Bayern Munich, winning numerous titles and consistently numbering calls for the Brazilian team. Now in São Paulo, the player has fulfilled his dream of playing for his favorite team.
The winning career made the right back with many stories and shared the locker room with countless football stars in the world. Esporte Espetacular, then, wants to know about Rafinha some curiosities about the player, such as: who is the best coach he has ever commanded?
– Guardiola, Pep. Pep is the best I’ve worked with so far, I’ve worked some … He’s different, man. He’s a guy who makes you have a completely different look at the game. It looks like you’re playing, but you’re watching the game from above. He knows where he can find the places, the positions. So, well, he’s someone who makes you visible, different reading the game – as on the side.
Rafinha during training for São Paulo – Photo: Publicity/São Paulo
Rafinha still says who is the best player he has ever played, the funniest, the most “snug” without paying anyone and even the most superstitious …
See below for “Who’s playing?” with Rafinha:
What’s the best player you’ve ever played?
– Ronaldinho Gaucho. Ronaldinho Gaucho. The best of the best, the witch is different, isn’t it?
And what do you sweat to score?
– Man, I’ve only marked Ronaldinho once, but what gave me the most work of my life were the two Frenchmen, Ribery and Thierry Henry, the two most difficult. Thierry Henry and Ribery for me. I prefer not to score either, but I think Ribery is giving me the most trouble. That’s right, it’s hard to tag him.
The best technician?
– Guardiola, Pep. Pep is the best I’ve worked with so far, I’ve worked some … He’s different, man. He’s a guy who makes you have a completely different look at the game. It looks like you’re playing, but you’re watching the game from above. He knows where he can find the places, the positions. So, well, he’s a guy who makes you look, read the game differently.
– I played him as a defender, first midfielder, not behind, everything. He’s a coach who bet a lot on me, it’s been three years, he’s the coach I’ve played the most at Bayern Munich and the one I’ve also won the most. He was a coach that I loved very much and helped me a lot in my evolution.
Rafinha and Guardiola at Bayern Munich – Photo: AFP
The most superstitious …
– Mas patuotuo? Oh man, I’ll tell you, I think … I think it’s me. Yes, I think it is me. I am very superstitious. I am very superstitious. I have it all: I always wear the same clothes to concentrate on, the same sneakers, the same song. The boys stood on my feet here in São Paulo, in Grêmio there too, in Flamengo, in Bayern Munich, in Italy … I guess, man, I don’t want to change anything. If the little thing that I didn’t do in the previous game changed and it went wrong, I think it’s because of that, because of that.
The cheapest skate, who is free?
– I’ll tell you: there are some Germans who, you see. Our Lady. There in Germany there are many, people. Oh my God. Robben, Thomas Muller, the guys have a fool in their pocket. They didn’t stop at anything, it was hard to pay for a small dinner, something. Thomas Muller, Thomas Muller didn’t pay anyone.
What else comes with play time or training?
– I had a painful time in Bayern, there, there were two purebred dogs. Vidal was there and Dante was there, Dante was sick. Dante of Bayern is our sheriff. Dante and Vidal, they both got sick in training. Vidal is still small, Vidal is everywhere. Vidal was the most embarrassed.
The funniest …
-There are many, man, there are many funny faces, my God. Here in Brazil, man … I think Rodinei beat everyone, old man. My mind revolved around it. Nothing to do, Rodinei was so funny. She is beautiful. And here in São Paulo, Reinaldo. My God, it’s so funny. It’s really funny to play together.
Rafinha and Rodinei in the days of Flamengo – Photo: Alexandre Vidal/Flamengo
– Aaron is Aaron. Aaron is very angry, my God, Aaron is the rude player I have lost in my life. Aaron is terrible, my lady, Aaron is terrible.
– I played with some animals, I played with some animals there … But, Manuel Neuer, Manuel Neuer and then Diego Alves. Manuel Neuer phenomenon, best of all.
The life friend you’ve made in football?
– Man, I play with a lot, but what I play most is football, so, of course, I started with a lot of players here in Brazil, who until now I have had a very good friendship, but Neuer, because we played fifteen years together We played five and a half years at Schalke 04, then another eight and a half years at Bayern, so he was one of my best friends.
– And I have a lot of, right, man, I have a lot of friends, really. I’m a guy who has a very good relationship with me, so I think that, in football, in football, Neuer is a guy we’ve shared a lot of times. Thank God, more out of joy than frustration, so he is one of my best friends.
And in the samba circle, who is with you?
– Then Dante, Dante is my conclusion, Dante is also on the ropes. But then there’s no way, I have to take Diego Souza, right? Me and Dante in cavaco and Diego Souza. It makes for a good group. Me and Dante on cavaco, Diego Souza on tantan and Gaucho on tambourine. Give good worship. This group can get there, they are real worshipers.
Rafinha and Dante at Bayern Munich – Photo: Again