A significant number of activities have also been published in the weekly schedule of the municipality, Santa Maria It records a worrying low in the demand for reinforcing doses for Covid-19 in the 18 to 39 age groups.. According to the latest data released by the Municipal Department of Health, 60% of people between the ages of 18 and 39 did not want to follow the vaccination schedule against the disease.
In an interview with the CDN, Health Secretary Guilherme Ribas examined the current scenario of immunization in Santa Maria, and listed fewer and fewer audiences seeking to ensure a complete vaccination schedule against Covid-19:
– Since the start of the vaccination campaign, the most targeted audience is those aged 60 and over for the 1st and 2nd doses, the booster dose and now the 4th dose. So which population do we care about the most? Not only in Santa Maria, but in the whole of Rio Grande do Sul, it is between 18 and 39 years old. Dose 1 had a high incidence. In the 2nd dose, it went down. At dose 3, the incidence is lower. 40% of people return a booster shot. That’s less than half, which worries us.
These include measures to increase vaccination coverage against Santa Maria disease partnerships with pharmacies, enabling appointments; The dose availability at all shifts in health units, As listed in the City Council’s agenda; and as a result planning of decentralized actions, bringing the immunizer closer to the population. For the adult audience, these changes create new opportunities.
– This part of the population, aged between 18 and 39, circulates a lot. They are in educational institutions, in fully translated universities. It is also a population that works in trade and in various places. So we created strategies with actions from 6pm to 8pm, opening access on Saturday. We are doing everything we can to make the population vaccinated, because everyone has seen that the best way is to immunize (…) We have vaccines. We are providing access and we want the population to look for a way to complete the vaccination cycle (actions). If you are 18 years of age or older, do your booster dose – Ribas points out.
This friday People over the age of 18, immunocompromised people over the age of 18 and people over the age of 60 can receive doses 1 and 2., In addition to the booster dose and second strength dose with immunizing agents Janssen and Astrazeneca, in health units and pharmaceutical partners. Another group that is able to receive the immunizer this Friday and Saturday is children and teenagers.
– We have vaccines. We are providing access and we want the population to look for a way to complete the vaccination cycle (actions). Health Secretary Guilherme Ribas says that those over the age of 18 or older are taking a dose of strength.
With the update of the latest status of the coronavirus vaccine panel, the vaccination schedule parameters have changed. Since April this year, immunization is considered complete for adults who have received a dose of strength (over 18 years of age).. Previously, the specification took into account people who received two doses or a single dose.
Adults (over 18 years old)
- At least one dose: single dose or single dose
- First vaccination schedule: two doses or a single dose
- Complete vaccination schedule: strength dose
For this change, the State took it into account advances in disease vaccine coverage in Rio Grande do Sul. Both the State Government and the City of Santa Maria reiterate that each stage of immunization has been shown to be effective in reducing the symptoms of the disease, the number of hospitalizations, and the number of deaths due to the disease.
In addition to vaccination coverage, the Department of Health monitors other factors that cause the disease in Santa Maria, such as confirmed cases, hospitalizations, and deaths. On the plus side, Ribas remembers that The first two months of 2022 saw high rates due to the Ômicron variant. were registered more than 13,000 cases were confirmed in January and more than 5,000 cases in February. As the months went by, the numbers dropped.
– In May, we had an average of 27% to 28% positive cases. Example: For every 100 tests performed, 27 were positive, which can be considered a low average at the moment – Ribas reported.
The calculation of the number of people who are able to receive doses of the coronavirus vaccine is carried out by the State. In the current context, the State Department of Health believes 285 thousand people are able to receive the 1st and 2nd dose, which is the total population of the municipality. Of that number, About 24,000 are children between the ages of 5 and 11.
It is also used to determine how many booster doses the total population can receive. Logically, the calculation already includes teenagers between the ages of 12 and 17 who can receive the recommended dose of strength recommended by the Ministry of Health from the end of May. The audience, which is suitable for dose 4 or booster dose 2, is still limited. Until last Friday, the calculation of Santa Marienses were immunocompromised at age 50,000 and about 3,000 or older.. However, the number should increase with the adherence of people over the age of 50 and health workers. The Ministry of Health issued technical notes last Saturday in which it plans to open the public to this dose.
Arianne Lima, [email protected]