WhatsApp has announced so many new features in the last few weeks that you may not have noticed all of them.
THE g1 It brings together what’s available to users – remembering that they are gradually arriving / gradually being released to users. ”And it’s important to remember: To use new features, the app must always be updated (learn how to update on iPhone and Android at the end of the report).
The changes were as follows:
1 – Reactions to emoji messages
WhatsApp is starting to release emoji reactions for users
Since last 6, Whstasapp has released a package with six emoji reactions for in-app messages. These are: 👍❤️😂😮😢🙏. According to the app, the idea is to save users time in conversations and make the interactions more fun.
Updates from versions will be available to users iOS 2.22.9 and Android 2.22.8.
To access the new feature, you must update the app.
2 – Fixed bugs that opened incorrect conversations on iPhone
WhatsApp bugs annoy users – Photo: Play / Twitter
In the last week of April, WhatsApp fixed a bug that caused a great deal of confusion among iPhone users.
An error in the iOS operating system application would direct the user to the conversation below each time a contact was selected. He also left a gap between one chat and another on the list.
The error was commented on social media from the 19th .. It was fixed in 9.22.76 WhatsApp, now available to all users, according to the company.
To make sure that the problem is actually fixed, you need to update the app.
3 – Calls in groups of up to 32 people
WhatsApp allows voice calls with up to 32 people. – Photo: Outreach
WhatsApp has released a new in-app voice call restriction. Now users can do it make group calls with up to 32 people at a time.
The novelty came in an update to iOS and Android apps. Until then, the maximum capacity for voice calls within the app was eight participants..
WhatsApp has also changed the look of calls to make it easier to chat with different people. It is available from the feature version iOS 22.8.80 (for iPhone) and 22.214.171.124 on Android.
Earlier, the company announced new features to facilitate the exchange of voice messages on WhatsApp, such as the ability to listen to messages outside the conversation window and speed up audio and speed.
See the steps to start a call with up to 32 people in the app:
- Click the “Calls” button at the bottom of the app;
- At the top of the screen, select the phone icon next to “+” (plus);
- Select the “New group call” option and add contacts;
- Select the phone icon to start the call.
It is still possible to start a voice call directly from groups. In this case, click on the phone icon and select the people you want to talk to.
Important detail: numbers can only be added to a voice chat that is already stored in the address book.
4 – Restricted message forwarding
WhatsApp Frequently Forwarded Message Note – Photo: Play
WhatsApp will limit the number of recipients of messages that it sends to groups. The forwarded message can only be forwarded to one group at a time within the app.
Previously, this content was available to five contacts or groups at a time.
The platform aims to “significantly reduce the spread of misinformation that can be harmful to groups”.
- A message created by a person can be forwarded to up to five contacts or groups at a time.
- Each person who received this message could forward it to a maximum of five contacts or groups at a time.
- The same message created by a WhatsApp user can be forwarded to up to five contacts or groups at a time.
- But the submission of this information by the recipients is limited to one group at a time.
In both cases, users can repeat the forwarding procedure as many times as they like.
WhatsApp also reports that messages that are forwarded to five or more conversations in a row are marked with a double-arrow icon and a “Frequently forwarded” tag.
For this type of message, the single-group split rule has been in effect since 2020. At the time, the company took steps to prevent the sharing of false information between the new coronavirus pandemic.
5 – Delayed resources to Brazil
On the last 5, Whatsapp announced so the limit of group participants rose from 256 to 512. The change, however, it will only be established in Brazil after the next election.
According to WhatsApp, a new limit for groups it will be implemented later in Brazil due to its long-term strategy for the country.
He announced it in April Whatsapp communitiesa feature that brings together different groups on a shared site so that administrators can reach thousands of people at once. he will only arrive in the country after the election.
What is WhatsApp Communities
How to update Whatsapp iPhone:
- Go to the App Store and search for WhatsApp;
- On the app page, see if the blue button next to the icon has the “Update” option;
- Click “Update” and wait for it to download;
- WhatsApp will restart and stay up to date.
Important: If the blue button says “Open”, it means that your application has the latest version already available. In this case, you need to check again in a few minutes.
If the problem persists, you can contact the WhatsApp team to report the error.
- On your mobile, go to “Settings” and then “Help”;
- Then select “Follow us” to report the error;
- After filling in the fields and describing the problem, click “Next”.
Important: If the green button brings up the “Open” message, it means your application has the latest version. In this case, you need to re-check that the update will be available within a few minutes.
Check the WhatsApp version in the iPhone app store – Photo: Play
How to update Whatsapp On Android:
- Go to the Play Store and search for WhatsApp;
- On the app page, see if there are any green buttons titled “Update”;
- Click “Update” and wait for it to download;
- WhatsApp will restart and stay up to date