“Dinismo” returned to Fluminense and shocked the crowd last Wednesday at the Maracanã against Atlético-MG, the current 5-3 victory over current Brazilian champions and Brazilian Cup champions. The evolution of the team since the return of coach Fernando Diniz, who completed the first 10 games of his second term at the club, has been giving hope to the tricolors. But is the current start of the coach better than 2019?
+ Do you want to turn your football knowledge into a cash prize in every round in Brasileirão? Enter the Express Card!
Fernando Diniz Fluminens in the match played at the Maracanã – Photo: Marcelo Gonçalves / Fluminense FC
The bad campaign of the Brazilian Championship that year was marked by the dismissal of the coach with the team in the relegation zone, and the start of his first season at the club was also very good. O ge He researched the top 10 games of 2019 to compare and, in numbers, At the moment, the performance is the same: there are six wins, two draws and two defeats, which gives them an advantage of 66.6%..
+ Let’s go Brazilian! The biggest offer of the games in exchange for a price that gives the game. Subscribe to the premiere!
Diniz’s current team scored more goals in that stretch: in the first 10 games of 2019, there are 24 balls in the net against 20. On the other hand, three years ago the defense was safer and only conceded four goals, while the team conceded 10. in the last sequence..
Currently, Diniz has an average possession of 53.4% and 10.5 shots per game. When he started in 2019 *, he got 67.7% possession and 12.7 shots per game.
* Note: the average does not take into account the Bangu 0 x 2 game Fluminense because there is no game data.
Diniz’s first flu season in 2019 – Photo: Lucas Merçon / Fluminense FC
However, one thing to keep in mind is the level of coping. In 2019, out of Diniz’s first 10 matches, eight were for the Carioca Championship (including three classics), one for the Brazilian Cup and one for South America. With the current team, the coach faced six rounds of Brasileirão (including three favorites for the title), three South American and one Brazilian Cup match.
Diniz’s first 10 games of 2019:
- Fluminense 1 x 1 Volta Redonda (70% ownership and 12 shipments)
- Americano 0 x 4 Fluminense (64% possession and 11 shots)
- Fluminense 3 x 1 Portuguesa-RJ (66% possession and 12 shots)
- Fluminense 4 x 0 Madureira (70% possession and 13 shots)
- Vasco 1 x 0 Fluminense (70% possession and 12 shots)
- River-PI 0 x 5 Fluminense (61% possession and 22 shot)
- Flamengo 0 x 1 Fluminense (61% possession and 10 shots)
- Vasco 1 x 0 Fluminense (70% possession and 6 shots)
- Bangu 0 x 2 Fluminense (data not available)
- Fluminense 0 x 0 Antofagasta-CHI (78% possession and 17 shots)
Diniz’s first 10 games in 2022:
- Fluminense 2 x 1 Junior Barranquilla-COL (51% possession and 12 shots)
- Palmeiras 1 x 1 Fluminense (50% possession and 8 shots)
- Vila Nova-GO 0 x 2 Fluminense (54% possession and 7 shots)
- Fluminense 2 x 1 Athletico-PR (61% possession and 11 shots)
- Unión Santa Fe-ARG 0 x 0 Fluminense (57% possession and 4 shots)
- Fortaleza 0 x 1 Fluminense (43% possession and 7 shots)
- Oriente Petrolero-BOL 1 x 10 Fluminense (66% possession and 21 shots)
- Fluminense 1 x 2 Flamenco (57% possession and 16 shots)
- Juventude 1 x 0 Fluminense (48% possession and 6 shots)
- Fluminense 5 x 3 Atletico-MG (47% possession and 13 shots)
After the victory, Fluminens reached 14 points and finished sixth in the Brazilian Championship table, jumping to seventh place, two points behind the G-4 and five behind leader Palmeiras. Tricolor will return to the field on Saturday when he picks up Atlético-GO at 19:00 (Brazilian time) at the Maracanã.
⁇ Read more Fluminens news ⁇
⁇ Listen to the Fluminense podcast ⁇
See: everything Fluminense on ge, Globo and sportv: