iPhone owners have good reason to wait until iOS 16 arrives. In addition to upgrading the look of your mobile phone’s lock screen, the new operating system will bring productivity tools, well-being, and smart notifications.
The announcement was made last Monday (6) at Apple’s Global Developers Conference (WWDC). In addition to mobile news, the company introduced MacBook Air and MacBook Air and software updates for MacBook Air, iPad, and branded computers (learn more about the event).
The G1 has listed some of the key new features in iOS 16 and answers to questions left over from Apple’s latest announcement.
What is the main news?
Apple has shown a number of features and may be releasing more information about iOS 16 until the official launch of the system. For now, here’s some news:
- Lock screen: iOS 16 promises more personalization with iPhone screen photos, clock styles, and widgets. Apple still promises that unlocking will be more fun with color and animation options;
- advanced notifications: The company will allow users to embed real-time information widgets on the mobile lock screen. It will be possible, for example, to track the arrival of the application driver without having to unlock iPhone;
- focus mode: In iOS 16, Apple will open focus mode. Users will be able to create profiles for those who are at work or at rest;
- Messages: In the new system, the application allows you to edit the text after sending it, as well as cancel messages that are shared by mistake;
- new memos: At the developer conference, Apple promised that iOS 16 will have more memos and ways to customize these avatars;
- Fitness: On iOS 16, the Fitness app will be available even if you don’t have an Apple Watch. The app will use iPhone sensors to track user movements and exercises.
The new lock screen is the main novelty of iOS 16 – Photo: Disclosure
Which devices are compatible with iOS 16?
According to Apple, all iPhone 8 models will be compatible with the new operating system, including the following models:
- Phone 13 (mini, Pro and Pro Max);
- iPhone SE (2022)
- iPhone 12 (mini, Pro and Pro Max);
- iPhone 11 (Pro and Pro Max);
- iPhone SE (2020)
- iPhone XS (XS Max);
- iPhone XR;
- iPhone X;
- iPhone 8 (Plus).
When will iOS 16 be released?
According to the company, iOS 16 arrives in the spring (fall, USA), which means that the system’s “boot window” is made between September and November.
Historically, Apple With the release of the iPhone, it introduces the latest version of its operating system. Considering the latest developments of the brand, iOS 16 is expected to be present when the iPhone 14 is expected to arrive in September.
What resources should not be sent to Brazil?
Some of the innovations shown by Apple should not reach Brazil. These include:
- improvements Apple pay: US users will only have access to the feature that turns iPhone into a sort of card payment machine for Apple Pay account payments. Another financial resource available only to Americans is the ability to make those payments in installments;
- Documents in iPhone Wallet: Brazilians will not be able to register official identification documents this time using their iPhones. Currently, the company is working with some U.S. states to recognize digital driving licenses by U.S. authorities;
- Maps look new: Apple recently updated its navigation app to include more information about traffic, bike routes, and other new features. Available in ten countries, including the US, the UK and Canada, the new app was announced for eleven other countries on Monday. Brazil, however, is not on the list.
Can I install iOS 16 before it is released?
Yes, it is possible try some new features by installing the beta version, which will be available to the general public from next month. Apple-registered developers can now download this operating system preview.
To participate in the iOS beta user program, you must register on Apple’s official website. Since this version of the software is not definitive, people may encounter errors and omissions when using it. Therefore, this type of installation not recommended for novice users.