For those who want to gain muscle mass and follow the diet and exercise routine, one of the main questions is when the results of dedication and effort will begin.
The time a person needs to gain muscle mass by doing anaerobic physical activity, such as weight training, for example, is approximately 6 months. However, muscle hypertrophy can begin to be felt within a few weeks or months, depending on the physical and genetic characteristics of each person.
To ensure muscle mass, it is important that your workout is indicated by a physical education professional and that you are on a proper diet, preferably nutritionist, so that your metabolism and body are generally more efficient. hypertrophy.
When performing anaerobic or resistance exercises, such as weight training and abdominal exercises, for example, muscle fiber rupture and muscle cell inflammation are stimulated. This process activates a hormone-driven counter-mechanism that aims to repair fibers and reduce cell inflammation. When this cycle occurs, the muscle fiber increases, and muscle mass is gained.
The first changes in the body are:
- Exercise in the first and second month the body adapts to the activity. During this period, the individual feels more pain after exercise and their cardiovascular system adapts to exertion as it takes on more strength, endurance and flexibility.
- After 3 months of regular exercise, the body begins to burn more accumulated fat, and this time, although there is not much gain in the muscles, a good reduction in the layer of fat under the skin can be noticed. From there, it becomes easier to lose weight.
- Between 4 and 5 months after starting physical activity, the fat decreases considerably and endorphins are released in the body, leaving the individual in a better mood and with more physical posture. And, after 6 months of starting physical activity, a significant gain in muscle mass can be seen.
The muscles that need the most time to develop are the triceps, inner thighs and calves. These regions will never “grow” as fast as other muscle groups because of the type of fiber they contain.
It is also important to note that in the case of women, the body responds much more slowly to muscle growth due to lower testosterone levels – the hormone is directly linked to the process of gaining mass.
How to ease muscle gains
Some strategies that can be used to facilitate muscle hypertrophy include:
- Include protein-rich foods every meal and after workout, which ensures that you have enough protein in your body to promote muscle building;
- Include foods high in carbohydrates after exercise along with protein, as it is necessary to fill the muscle’s sugar reserve to repair the damage caused by exercise;
- take protein supplements and some nutritional supplements to promote muscle growth. However, it is important to recommend nutritionists, as their use depends on the individual purpose of each person;
- Rest for 24 to 48 hours with the muscle group stimulated in training, and you should train another muscle group the next day. For example, if your daily workout is leggy, you should take a 48-hour break to encourage hypertrophy. The expression is to work on the upper limbs or abdominals the next day, e.g.
- Sleep and rest for at least 8 hours It is also important to give your body time to recover and gain muscle mass.
With your Health portal information
Get the news metropolises In your Telegram and stay on top of everything! Access the channel: https://t.me/metropolesurgente.